top of page
Family at a Beach





 Family Law

After separation parents may need advice about the future arrangements for the children or parties may need advice

about dividing their property between them.

We can provide advice in areas such as:

  • Where the children will live

  • How much time they will spend with the other parent

  • Parenting Plans and Parenting Orders

  • Location and Recovery Orders

  • Passport and Travel applications

  • Breach of Court Orders

  • Divorce

  • Property Settlement

  • Injunctions

We offer minor assistance in relation to property settlement including:

  • writing negotiating letters or letters in response

  • preparation of Form 11 Applications for Consent Orders

  • contacting the other party on behalf of the client to try to clarify or resolve a problem

  • making appropriate referrals to other services

A fee may apply to family law (property settlement) advice. Please ring the Centre for more information.

Unfortunately we are unable to assist in preparing Family Court documents where the matter is disputed or where there is complex ongoing litigation or in preparing matters for trial. We do not represent clients in the Family Court of Western Australia but our aim is to assist and support clients who are or will be representing themselves.

Our Service also offers a duty lawyer that goes to court on a monthly basis.

Useful Links

  • Family Court of Western Australia

  • Legal Aid Western Australia

  • Department of the Attorney General

  • Attorney-General’s Department

  • When Separating – Legal Aid Western Australia


Quick Links

Family Law
bottom of page