top of page

Complaints Policy

South West Community Legal Centre (SWCLC) is committed to continuous improvement and we value and want to hear what you think about the quality of our service. We will use your feedback to improve our products and services. If you have feedback or a complaint with regard to our service or one of our staff members, your feedback can help us improve our service.


What you can expect from us 


  • We will treat you with respect and courtesy at all times

  • We will protect the privacy and confidentiality of the issues you discuss with us unless disclosure is authorised or required by law

  • We are committed to providing consistent and accurate information and advice

  • We will be open and honest with you and follow through on our commitments. We will tell you how we make our decisions and how you can check that we are being fair

  • We value your feedback and we will work with you to understand how to improve our services


What information should you provide us?

So we can respond to your complaint or feedback as quickly as possible, we will ask you to:

  • Provide details of your complaint or feedback

  • Tell us details of any attempts you have made to resolve the matter

  • Tell us your preferred outcome

  • Provide a contact phone number

  • Be respectful and courteous to staff and other customers

  • Tell us if you need help to use our products and services

  • Provide complete, accurate and timely information 


We may not respond to messages which contain abuse, or material clearly intended to intimidate our staff.


We will accept anonymous complaints however providing your name and contact information will help us to look into your complaint or feedback more effectively.


How to make a complaint or give us feedback


We aim to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. You should talk to the person you have been dealing with in regard to your feedback or complaint. If you are not satisfied with their response, you can ask to speak to the Principal Solicitor.


If you are still not satisfied, you may:

Call us

Call (08) 9791 3206 to speak to the Managing Principal Solicitor 

You can ask for an interpreter if your require one.


If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment you can use the National Relay Service to call us over the internet.

Write to us

If you prefer to write to us, it can take us longer to respond. If your complaint or feedback is not urgent:


All written correspondence should be addressed to:

Managing Principal Solicitor

South West Community Legal Centre Inc

P.O. Box 6162

South Bunbury WA 6230


How we handle your complaint or feedback

If you have a complaint, we will respond as quickly as possible. We will let you know if we can resolve the matter or whether we need more time to investigate. Sometimes this may mean we have to speak to someone who is handling your matter. We will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint.


We will use information from feedback or complaints to investigate to try and resolve individual issues and to improve our products and services.




Generally we will contact you within 5 working days to discuss your complaint or feedback and attempt to resolve it within 10 working days.


If a complaint cannot be resolved


Where we are unable to resolve a complaint to your satisfaction, we will explain why and let you know what other options you have.


Our objective is to resolve your complaint. If this is not possible or you are not happy with our response, you are able to take your complaint further.


For information on how to progress an unresolved complaint relating to our legal service contact:

The Legal Profession Complaints Committee

2nd Floor Colonial Building

55 St Georges Tce Perth WA 6000


Phone: 08 9461 2299


For information on how to progress an unresolved complaint relating to our legal service contact:

State Program Manager

CLC Funding Program

Legal Aid Western Australia

GPO Box L916 Perth WA 6842

bottom of page