top of page
Image by 🇸🇮 Janko Ferlič - @specialdad





 Child Support

SWCLC provides assistance to clients on a number of different child support issues which can include:

  1. Parentage testing for purposes of child support;

  2. Child Support Agreements;

  3. Change of Assessments (Application and Objection);

  4. Advice on collection of child support arrears through private enforcement action,

  5. Adult Child Maintenance for children who are over 18 years and are still completing their studies, or those that have physical or mental health issues.

As part of the services listed above, SWCLC may be able to assist you to negotiate with the other party. Subject to our capacity, we may also be able to prepare court documents and advocate on your behalf to third parties. However, we do not represent clients on an ongoing basis. We aim to empower clients to self-represent in their own legal matters. 


Further Information 

The Department of Human Services; Child Support is responsible for calculating child support payable by the payer parents (parent who do not have the children majority of the time but financially supports them) to the receiving/payee parent.


For more information about the other services the Department provides and how it works; visit the website or by telephone on 131272.

Useful Links:


Quick Links

Family Law
bottom of page